Manufacturing Assembly Team Member
AW Texas' brand new, state of the art 159-acre automotive transmission plant is nearing completion in Cibolo, TX and we are now hiring Manufacturing Assembly Team Members with immediate start date options and full benefits offered on day one!
Starting compensation is $14/hr and is dependent on your skill assessment and employment background. Various skill levels are encouraged to apply as various tiers of Team Members are incorporated into the team pods.
As a member of the AW Texas Team you will enjoy:
• Energized positive work environment
• Respect for diversity
• Excellent employee benefits
• Affordable healthcare and group benefits
• A great place to learn and grow
• Safety is a first priority
• Opportunities for your career growth into leadership positions
• Supportive and caring team members
As a Manufacturing Assembly Team Member, you will be responsible for operating large-scale manufacturing equipment within the plant's machining and assembly operations in accordance with company standards and operating procedures. You will be responsible for producing quality outputs necessary to manufacture Automatic Transmissions and Transmission accessories.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
• Following standardized procedures to operate machinery used in the production process or use standardized procedures to assemble parts on an assembly line.
• Meeting daily production quantity targets based upon assigned production schedule and manufacturing leadership request.
• Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with all manufacturing and safety guidelines, procedures, and regulations.
• Performing manual dexterity work involving fingers, hands, and arms in repeated motion.
• Removing parts, machine attachments, or waste material from machines.
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of manufacturing equipment.
• Maintaining a safe working environment and following all safety procedures.
• Reporting quality issues to supervisor to ensure that issues are investigated and corrected.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required. You must be at least 18 years old.
• Any level of manufacturing and production/assembly experience is a plus, but we will also train you.
Qualifications & Skills
• Active listening skills— You should be good at giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Basic math skills to ensure accurate measurements
• General mechanical knowledge of machines, tools, and measurement instruments such as gauges
• There are 2 shifts: 6:30am–3:15pm and 6:30pm–3:15am. Team members will have a monthly rotating shift assignment.
• Work week is Monday–Friday and the plant is closed on weekends. On occasion there will be overtime and weekend shifts due to production deadline and volume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.